The statement about night entertainment for tourists on the island of Phuket was made by the local authorities. They answered questions about when and where exactly nightlife would resume – meaning whether their pubs and bars would be open until 4 am, and what security measures would be in place.
So, according to new data reported by Thaiger, nightlife should resume from December 15. The new opening hours will be implemented in six zones on Bangla Road in the Patong area of the Kathu district. In addition, 106 of the 229 entertainment establishments located in the outer zones will continue to operate.
“The projected result of this expansion includes a 30-50% increase in site revenues and a 20-30% increase in employment,” the publication notes. But it also adds that six security measures will be taken in connection with the extension of working hours.
- The first involves the installation of video surveillance cameras in designated areas, which will be monitored by a special administrative unit.
- The second may alert tourists after “COVID” measures, it has been announced that some medical organizations have been tasked with creating plans for active health checks in these areas. “This will allow people to receive recommendations on health issues and assess the sanitary condition of both staff premises and entertainment facilities,” the publication clarifies.
- According to the third, mobile emergency units will be stationed at police stations and near ThaiPan restaurants.
- The fourth also concerns security measures – police units will be deployed to help manage road and sidewalk traffic from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., and they will also be tasked with 24-hour patrolling.
- The fifth measure involves the collection of garbage and waste from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- As the sixth “disaster relief and security” in Muang Patong, three municipal units, two fire stations, and 36 rescuers, including four working at night, will be involved. Eight volunteer lifeguards will also be on duty from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
“Some areas will also be designated for smoking cannabis, so as not to disturb others. In addition, to increase security, police and administration officials will strengthen measures to combat illegal drug trafficking and take legal measures against offenders,” tourists were also warned. And they did not forget to remind that the distribution of alcoholic beverages will also be under strict control.