Education and research in Canada. When choosing Canada, you choose academic qualifications that are valued and respected around the world. Experience a unique multicultural environment, in a safe and beautiful country. More than 200,000 leading international students and researchers choose to study in Canada each year. Imagine the key to your future in Canada.
Studying in Canada is an interesting and rewarding experience for many students from around the world.
The reputation of Canadian education is based on the quality and recognized excellence of the entire education system. Canadian diplomas are valued around the world. International educators often choose Canada for research, collaboration, and partnership. And here’s why:
- Canada’s primary and secondary school students (K-12) are consistently ranked in the top five in the world in reading, math, and science by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) International Student Assessment Program. International students are immersed in a supportive environment with an emphasis on personality-oriented learning.
- Canadian universities are some of the best in the world. In 2012, 4 Canadian universities entered the top 100 of the Shanghai ARWU rankings and 22 entered the top 500; 3 universities were included in the top 50 rankings of QS universities and 20 – in the top 500 of this ranking; 5 universities are listed in the top 100 best universities in the world according to the Times and 8 – among the 200 best educational institutions marked by this ranking.
Our universities participate in more than 5,000 active international cooperation agreements with partners around the world.
- Canadian colleges, polytechnics, and Quebec General and Vocational Colleges (CÉGEPs) offer career-oriented programs that meet the needs of industries and have a high and ever-increasing level of applied research to address economic issues. More than 90% of Canadian college graduates are employed in their field within six months of graduation, and 93% of employers are satisfied with the level of preparation of graduates.
- Language schools in Canada are leaders in language training at all levels, providing a wide range of programs in English and French for further education, personal development or business training.
More about education and youth programs in Canada
- Scholarships: International scholarships for the best and brightest international students and researchers to study and conduct research in Canada.
- Work and travel in Canada: Have you ever dreamed of trying to live and work in another country? Canada’s international experience provides information on opportunities to travel and work in Canada for up to one year.