Visiting the Republic of Cyprus is possible subject to one of the following 5 conditions:
1. Biometric passport of a citizen of Ukraine for travel abroad.
2. Electronic pro-visa. Allows those who wish to apply for an entry visa in electronic format, ie using e-mail. It should be noted that this system can be used to obtain a FREE one-time entry visa category C (tourist) for a period not exceeding 90 days, subject to direct flight from the territory of Ukraine (not from / through third countries). A direct flight in the opposite direction is not required. The validity of the passport must expire at least 6 months from the date of submission of the application for a pro-visa. Fill in the application form according to the instructions in the application form, using the sample pro-visa application form, and send it to email@example.com. After receiving an e-visa within 3 working days or more, it must be printed out at the airport. The application for a pro-visa must be submitted no later than 3 working days and no earlier than 3 months before the intended departure to Cyprus. If you still have open questions, answers can be obtained at the Consular Section on weekdays from 15:30 to 17:00 by phone: + 38-044-499-64-51.
3. National visa of the Republic of Cyprus, for which it is necessary to follow the standard procedure, ie to submit the appropriate package of documents to the Consular Section of the Embassy. Citizens of Ukraine and citizens of third countries who are on the territory of Ukraine, regardless of their age, whose passport is valid for at least 3 months from the moment of return to the territory of Ukraine, have the right to apply for a national visa. The Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus issues single, double and multiple national visas exclusively of category C (tourist). The cost of a national visa is: 20 euros – single, 60 euros – double, 60 euros – multiple. The visa fee is paid in cash in hryvnias at the current exchange rate by bank transfer. When applying for a national visa, an employee of the Consular Section will provide you with details for payment. Consideration of an application for a national visa takes 3 working days or more. The package of documents for a national visa is submitted to the Consular Section in person or through a proxy. Please note that the Consular Section may, at its discretion, request additional or corrected documents to the submitted package. The application for a national visa must be submitted no later than 3 working days and no earlier than 3 months before the intended departure to Cyprus. If you still have open questions, answers can be obtained at the Consular Section on weekdays from 15:30 to 17:00 by phone: + 38-044-499-64-51.
4. Schengen visa category C (tourist). If you have a valid double or multiple Schengen C visa (not necessarily activated in a Schengen country), you can visit Cyprus without a national visa. Prerequisite: The visa must be valid for the period of stay in Cyprus.
5. Visa for Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia category C (tourist). If you have a valid double or multiple entry visa for the named member states of the European Union (not necessarily activated in them), you can visit Cyprus without a national visa. Prerequisite: The visa must be valid for the period of stay in Cyprus.
6. Certificate of temporary / permanent residence in one of the EU countries.
If you still have open questions, answers can be obtained at the Consular Section on weekdays from 15:30 to 17:00 by phone: + 38-044-499-64-51.
Attention travelers to Cyprus!
The Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in Ukraine reminds all tourists who are going to visit the island that since the Turkish invasion of Cyprus in 1974. the government of the Republic of Cyprus declared the territory of northern Cyprus occupied, travel to Cyprus through illegally operating airports – illegal crossing of the state border, and living in the occupied territory, on land owned by Greek Cypriots – illegal stay in the state.
The embassy also informs that in the future all applications for entry visas for citizens of Ukraine, whose purpose is to stay on the island to rest in the occupied territory or to participate in official events in the occupied territory, will not be considered. And tourists who have biometric passports and will travel to the Republic of Cyprus for the purpose of stay, residence or participation in official events in the occupied territory, will be denied entry into the territory of the Republic of Cyprus.
To the attention of the citizens of Ukraine!
Please note that starting from June 11, 2017, the visa-free regime between Ukraine and the European Union came into force – a status that allows Ukrainian citizens to freely cross the interstate borders of the European Union without first applying to the embassy for permission.
Thus, Ukrainians who have biometric passports will be able to come to the Republic of Cyprus without a visa for business or tourist purposes or for family matters for up to 90 days during a 180-day period during the year.
This regime does not apply to persons who intend to come to Cyprus for employment or training.
New opportunities and benefits, as well as new rules for crossing the border and staying in EU countries are detailed in the link.
It should be noted that for holders of non-biometric passports the procedure for obtaining an entry visa does not change, ie a visit to the Republic of Cyprus is possible subject to one of the 5 conditions listed in the section Visas to Cyprus.
To the attention of the citizens of Georgia!
On March 28, 2017, the European Union introduced a visa-free regime for Georgian citizens – holders of biometric passports, which gives them the right to stay in Cyprus for 90 days every six months for tourism without a national visa of the Republic of Cyprus. In case of a working or long-term study visit, a visa issued by the Consular Section of the Republic of Cyprus will be required. At the border crossing point, passengers may need the following documentation: a document confirming the financial support of the trip, a return ticket, passenger insurance and a hotel reservation (it is recommended to have a document confirming the purpose of the trip, such as a business trip invitation, a document confirming participation in short-term training courses, etc.).