A family of tourists from Italy was poisoned in the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, and a six-year-old child died due to intoxication. La Stampa writes about it.
On July 1, the Mirabelli family – 46-year-old Antonio, mother Rosalia Manosperti, and their 6-year-old son Andrea, began to experience severe nausea and vomiting while on holiday in Egypt. At a local hospital, they were put on a saline drip and given three pills for food poisoning.
The next day, the condition of the Italian family members did not improve, and they again came to the hospital. The father of the family was admitted to a medical facility unconscious with symptoms of kidney failure and breathing problems. The child died an hour after arriving at the hospital.
Antonio is still in the hospital in critical condition. The investigating authorities, in turn, began to check the incident.